Unofficial transcripts are available to each student through their EKUDirect student web account. Look for the link under the Student Records menu. **Unofficial transcripts do not include degrees or university certificates earned at EKU.
Official Transcripts - Cost = $8 per copy or $10 for on-demand service.
Please note that typical turnaround time for transcripts is 3-5 business days after receipt of completed request form and payment.
We will do our best to process all requests as soon as possible, but please note that all requests are processed in the order they are received. Whether by fax, mail, or in person, all go into the same processing queue.
- Request Online: You may submit a request online. Transcripts requested in this way will be mailed within 3-5 business days. National Student Clearinghouse will charge an additional convenience fee for all online orders.
- Request by Mail: To place an order by mail print the Transcript Request Form, complete each area of the form, and be sure to include your signature. Mail the completed form and payment (check, money order, or credit card) to: EKU Registrar's Office, Transcript Department, SSB CPO 58, Richmond, KY 40475-3158. Request Forms received without payment will be returned by mail to the student.
- Request in Person: You may submit a request in person at the Registrar's Office (SSB 239). These requests will be mailed within 3-5 business days; or they may be picked up in person within 3-5 business days. Same day service is available for $10 per transcript. All requests must be accompanied by receipt of payment from the EKU cashier's office.
- Request by Email: A completed Transcript Request Form may be scanned and emailed to the Transcript Department at email@example.com but it must include credit card information for payment. Request Forms received by email without payment information will be returned by mail to the student. Emails without the transcript request form will not be processed.
- Apostille Transript: EKU graduates who plan to work or further their education abroad may need to authenticate their degree(s) and transcripts. This process is referred to as an Apostille, which is the verification and legalization of a document for international use. Instructions for completing an Apostille Transcript Request are available on the Apostille Page.
If There Are HOLDS On Your Record
Students who owe the university money or property (e.g. library books) may have holds placed on their record that will prevent the release of transcripts. If a request is received and the student has such a hold then the request will be returned to the student and the student will be informed as to which office placed the hold. Only that office can release the hold and the student should contact that office. Once the hold is released the student can resubmit their transcript request.
For further information regarding transcripts, you may contact the Registrar Transcript Department at (859) 622-5045 or (859) 622-1102.