Unofficial transcripts are available to each student through their EKUDirect student web account. Look for the link under the Student Records menu. **Unofficial transcripts do not include degrees or university certificates earned at EKU.
Official Transcripts - Cost = $8 per copy or $10 for on-demand service.
Please note that typical turnaround time for transcripts is 3-5 business days after receipt of completed request form and payment.
We will do our best to process all requests as soon as possible, but please note that all requests are processed in the order they are received. Whether by fax, mail, or in person, all go into the same processing queue.
Credit card payments for transcript requests must now be made via the Registrar's payment page. Click here to pay via credit card (you must still turn in the transcript request form). Please take note of the order #, you will need it as proof of payment.
- Request Online: You may submit a request online. Transcripts requested in this way will be mailed within 3-5 business days. National Student Clearinghouse will charge an additional convenience fee for all online orders.
- Request by Mail: To place an order by mail print the Transcript Request Form, complete each area of the form, and be sure to include your signature. Mail the completed form and payment (check or money order) to: EKU Registrar's Office, Transcript Department, Whitlock 239, CPO 58, Richmond, KY 40475-3158. Request Forms received without payment will be returned by mail to the student. If you wish to pay via credit card, Click Here to pay via the Registrar's payment page (be sure to take note of the order #, you will need to submit that along with the request form).
- Request in Person: You may submit a request in person at the Registrar's Office (Whitlock239). These requests will be mailed within 3-5 business days; or they may be picked up in person within 3-5 business days. Same day service is available for $10 per transcript.
- Request by Email: A completed Transcript Request Form may be scanned and emailed to the Transcript Department at firstname.lastname@example.org but it must include proof of payment (Click Here to pay via the Registrar's payment page. Be sure to take note of the order #, you will need to submit that along with the request form). Request Forms received by email without proof of payment information will be returned by mail to the student. Emails without the transcript request form will not be processed.
- Apostille Transript: EKU graduates who plan to work or further their education abroad may need to authenticate their degree(s) and transcripts. This process is referred to as an Apostille, which is the verification and legalization of a document for international use. Instructions for completing an Apostille Transcript Request are available on the Apostille Page.
If There Are HOLDS On Your Record
Students who owe the university money or property (e.g. library books) may have holds placed on their record that will prevent the release of transcripts. If a request is received and the student has such a hold then the request will be returned to the student and the student will be informed as to which office placed the hold. Only that office can release the hold and the student should contact that office. Once the hold is released the student can resubmit their transcript request.