Web-4-Parent - Student FAQs
|Frequently Asked Questions:||for Students||for Parents|
- How do I grant permission for my parent/guest to have view access of my EKU Direct account?
- If I have completed the authorization form, how do I grant access to Web-4-Parent through EKU Direct?
- What if I don't want my parent/guest to see all of my information?
- What if my parent/guest's name is not displayed?
- How does my parent/guest obtain access to their account?
- If I grant permission for more than one parent/guest to have access to my account, do I need to give them the same access?
- What if my parent/guest PIN is disabled?
- What is FERPA?
How do I grant permission for my parent (guest) to have view access of my EKU Direct account?
The Web-4-Parent form can be picked up in the Registrar's Office located in Whitlock 239.
You must complete and return the form to the Registrar's Office. The form must be signed by you as the student and returned either in person with a photo ID or via your EKU e-mail address. You may return the form in the Registrar's Office in Whitlock 239 with a photo ID, or via your EKU e-mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The form will not be accepted if it is mailed, returned by anyone other than you, or is missing your signature. A parent cannot sign the form on your behalf. once your form is received and processed, you will receive an e-mail stating that you are eligible to add your parent/guest to your Web-4-Parent account.
If you are unsure if you have completed this form or need additional information about Web-4-Parent, contact the Registrar's Office at 622-2320.
If I have completed the authorization form, how do I grant access to Web-4-Parent through EKU Direct?
To setup a parent/guest account, please follow the steps listed below:
- Go to EKU home page at http://www.eku.edu.
- Choose the EKU Direct link located under the “Login to EKU” tab on the top right hand side of the page.
- Choose EKU Direct
- Login to your EKU Direct account using your Student ID Number and PIN.
- Click the Web-4-Parent tab
- Click Web-4-Parent Management.
- You will be prompted to enter your parent/guest’s first and last name, and an active email for this parent/guest (To add additional parent/guest’s, click the Add Guest icon. You will enter information for each guest you add). Click Add Guest to submit information.
- Expand your parent/guest tab.
- Click the Profile tab for a parent/guest to select your relationship with that guest. You may also add a description if you would like (i.e. mom, dad, aunt, uncle, etc.)
- Check the start and end dates of parent/guest access. The default is to allow access for 6 months. Adjusting the dates will allow for the account to stay active for a longer period of time. You may adjust the access end date for a longer period of time, if you wish. If you do not, access will default to 6 months from the date you set up the account for your parent/guest, and the account will be deactivated at the end of the 6 months.
- Click the Authorizations tab for a parent/guest to select what authorizations you will be giving for the parent/guest to view on your EKU Direct account.
- Check each box for the pages which you are granting your parent/guest access. A checkmark will appear in each box indicating that your parent/guest can view that information. To remove an authorization, just unclick the box. Click the “Email Authorizations” icon so that your parent/guest can be notified as to what authorizations you have given for them to view. You will also receive a confirmation email.
What if I don’t want my parent/guest to see all of my information?
Your parent/guest only has access to the pages that you choose. To grant access, click the box by the page name, and to revoke access, again click the box by the page name. Click the “Email Authorizations” icon so that your parent/guest can be notified as to what authorizations have been revoked. You will also receive a confirmation email.
What if my parent/guest's name is not displayed?
If your parent/guest’s name is not displayed, you have not set up their account. Please see “If I have completed the authorization form, how do I grant access for Web-4-Parent through EKU Direct?”
How does my parent/guest obtain access to their account?
After you have set up the account for your parent/guest, your parent/guest will receive an account activation email. This email will provide your parent/guest with a direct link to activate their account. They will also be provided an action password for them to use during the initial set up of their account and to create a permanent PIN.
Once they have activated their account, they will log into their Web-4-Parent account through the “Web 4 Parent Guest Log In” link located on the EKU Direct log in page.
If I grant permission for more than one parent/guest to have access to my account, do I need to give them the same access?
No – each of your parent/guest’s names will appear under the Web-4-Parent Management link on your EKU Direct account. You have control over which parent/guest sees what information. For example, you may grant permission for your mother to see your grades, but only allow your father to see financial information.
What if my parent/guest PIN is disabled?
If your parent/guest’s PIN is disabled, you can reset it for them.
- Click the Web-4-Parent tab in your EKU Direct account.
- Click Web-4-Parent Management.
- Expand the account that needs their PIN reset.
- Under the profile tab for this guest, click the “Reset PIN” icon.
- Your parent/guest will receive an email with a “reset” link and an action password for them to use to log in. They will be prompted to recreate a PIN.
What is FERPA?
FERPA stands for Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act. This federal legislation protects the privacy of students and prohibits the University from disclosing student information without the authorization of the student. FERPA regulations are strictly adhered to in the implementation of Web-4-Parent. All related FERPA information can be found at http://www.registrar.eku.edu/FERPA.