Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get proof of enrollment for my insurance company?

Answer: The National Student Clearinghouse is the official contracted agent by EKU to produce student enrollment verifications. Students obtain their official verification fast & free through their EKU Direct account (, login now, enter ID and Pin, go to Student Services and Financial Aid/Student Records, scroll down and click National Student Clearinghouse). The Registrar's Office does not complete or sign individual forms to verify enrollment. However, if you utilize the National Student Clearinghouse and are faced with any challenges with printing the certification form, please know that you can go to the Registrar's Office in Whitlock 239 for assistance. There are also detailed instructions on the Registrar's web page at

Back to Top

How do I get car insurance forms filled out for a Good Student Discount?

Answer: Student should go to EKU Direct/Student Services and Financial Aid/Student Records/ Printable Grade Report. The official grade report will provide the student's GPA and thus verify good student standing for the auto insurance company. This report contains all the required information.

Back to Top

I need a Letter of Good Standing or a Transient Student Approval form from EKU, how do I obtain this letter?

Answer: Students can secure this information by completing a request form in the Registrar's Office in Whitlock Rm. 239. On that form students may request that the information be mailed to an address of their choice or they may arrange to pick the letter up the next day after 1:00 p.m. Please be reminded that proof of identity is required (picture ID) in order to receive pick-up service. The request form can be printed from our forms website.

Back to Top 

How do I get my EKU Direct Account Pin reset?

Answer: Has the account been disabled?

NO: At the EKU Direct login page, type in the ID number and click on the "Forgot Pin" icon. Answer the security question and enter a new PIN number. You should now have access to your account.

YES: To ensure appropriate security of student academic records, the Registrar's Office is unable to reset PIN numbers based on telephone requests.

  • Students will need to bring a picture ID to the Registrar's Office to have their pin reset manually.
  • You may fax in a written request with signature asking the PIN be reset with documentation. Your request should include: full name, EKU ID number or date of birth, and daytime telephone number. You must provide a readable copy of two ID's. Acceptable documentation: passport, EKU ID card, driver's license, Social Security card, and/or employee ID.
  • You may email your request using your EKU email account. We cannot accept an email from an unsecure email site (Yahoo, Hotmail, etc.)

Back to Top 

I forgot my EKU ID number, can you give me that information?

Answer: Should a student lose their ID number they will not be able to log into EKUDirect to retrieve the number. Please visit HERE to view the options available to any current or former EKU student who wishes to obtain their EKU ID number.

Back to Top

I need my email or blackboard account reset, where do I go?

Answer: Students should go to the Academic Computing lab, located in Combs 208. Students may also call 622-3000.

Back to Top 

Where can I find out if I qualify to file for academic bankruptcy?

Answer: The rules for Academic Bankruptcy are listed in the EKU catalog ( or can be found here. Students can also contact the Registrar's Office for clarification.

Back to Top 

I need to withdraw from the University, how and where do I do this?

Answer: Students may elect to withdraw from a course, several courses or from the university up to the midpoint of the semester by accessing their EKU-Direct and following the prescribed directions for course withdrawal. To withdraw from the entire semester, students need to withdraw from all coursework to zero hours. Students are strongly encouraged to confirm all changes to their schedule by printing a copy of their add/drop screen showing their reduced hours.

Back to Top 

I have been dismissed from the University, who can I talk to?

Answer: Students should carefully read the registered letter that was mailed to them regarding their status. If, after reading the letter, you still have questions, please contact the Registrar's office to speak with the Academic Compliance Coordinator.

Back to Top

I have dropped a class and now it won't let me pick it back up, how can I do that?

Answer: To re-register into a dropped class, from the Add/Drop page, click on the arrow next to the action window beside the dropped class. The message will say "Dropped by Web", but after clicking on the arrow you will see other options. If it is still within the Add/Drop time of the semester one option will be "Reregister Dropped Course". Choose this action and then at the bottom of the page click on "Submit Changes". WAIT....for the page to refresh and VERIFY...that the message next to the course changed, and there are credit hours associated with the course.

Back to Top

I was trying to register for a class and I got a registration add error, what do I do?

Answer: The student can check the Colonel Compass for a definition of the error, ( There you will find a handy table that lists all possible registration errors, defines each, and suggests actions to take in response. Many errors will require an override logged into the registration system by the department office of the course in question. Remember though that an override is only permission to register - you are not registered into a class until you log into EKUDirect and do so yourself.

Back to Top

How do I get a copy of my transcript?

Answer for Unofficial Transcripts: Students may secure a copy of their unofficial transcript anytime via their EKU Direct account.

Answer for Official Transcripts: Official academic transcripts can be secured from the Registrar's office with a photo ID. Students may request transcripts in person or by a written or faxed request. Instructions for requesting a transcript by letter/fax are available in the Registrar's Office as well as on the web, ( Transcripts fees are $8.00 per copy for 3-5 day service, or $10 for on-demand service, and must be paid in advance. Students requesting transcripts in person must submit payment directly to the Student Accounting Office and then provide the Registrar's Office with the receipt. Transcript requests submitted by mail or fax must be accompanied with credit card information, check or money order. Requests are processed in the order of receipt. Occasionally, we find that we are unable to provide immediate service due to peak operating times or because a student has a block on their record. Students are encouraged to take care of all outstanding obligations to the university to ensure the expedient release of their academic transcript when requested.

Back to Top

How do I declare or change my major, concentration, or minor?

Answer:  Students desiring to change, add or remove a major, minor, or concentration must:

Complete the Declaration of Program Study form, and obtain written approval of the department chair or advisor of the new program. Written approval is not needed if removing a minor.  However, students may only change their major once per year.  (For additional information see:

Back to Top

Open /*deleted href=#openmobile*/