Skip to main content

Declaring a Program of Study

All degree-seeking students are required to declare a primary degree program of study. This program of study is that which will be recorded on the diploma, and which will determine the degree awarded by the University.

How do I change or add a major, minor or concentration

Answer: Students desiring to change, add or remove a major, minor, or concentration must:

  • Complete the Declaration of Program Study form, and obtain written approval of the department chair or advisor of the new program. Written approval is not needed if removing a minor.
Is there a limitation on how many times during an academic year that I can change my major?

  Answer: Yes. A student may only change their major once per year.

What if I am pending graduation?

Answer: A student who needs to change to a major, concentration, or minor should consult with the Academic Specialist of their College or make the change by obtaining the Major Change Declaration Form from the Registrar's Office.

How long does it take to process my request?

Answer: Once the requested change is received by the Registrar's Office it will take 3-5 business days to process. After the change of major is completed, a new advisor will be assigned by the Office of University Advising within 10 business days.

Does changing my major guarantee acceptance into that program of study?

Answer: No. Some programs of study require a separate application for admission. Please refer to the program requirements or consult with an advisor.

Open /*deleted href=#openmobile*/